Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the “COLcommons” online platform (“platform”) maintained by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL). The platform offers short courses for just-in-time learning for anyone interested to develop understanding and skills related to the topics covered.
Access to online “platform” is provided as a service by COL and its usage is expected to be on an “as is” basis. While every effort has been made to provide accurate information, the views and opinions expressed in the courses are those of the authors and neither reflect the views of COL or its partners nor provide an endorsement by COL or its partners. All products and services mentioned in the course are owned by their respective copyright holders. COL accepts no responsibility or liability for your use of the platform or the courses, and your use is entirely at your own risk.
Registration and Accounts
- Any Visitor can view the ‘platform”; in order to participate fully in courses, you must register for a personal account on the Website by providing your name and email address and creating a password. All registrations follow a verification process, and to verify you must check your email (Note: sometime the verification email lands up on your spam folder).
- While setting up your account, you may be prompted or required to enter additional information, including but not limited to your gender, age-group and location.
- All information provided by you should be accurate at the time of registration.
- COL reserves the right to suspend or terminate any registered account without assigning any reason.
- Once registered, you can enroll in any of the courses offered to learn anytime as per your convenience.
Use of your data and content for research
- All research carried out via the Website is subject to internationally acceptable Research Ethics.
- Where data is gathered solely for research purposes which are not related to the learning or user experience of the courses or the “platform”, that purpose will be made expressly clear to you at the point of collection. Participation in this type of research will always be voluntary.
- Data shall be gathered on your use of the Website and analysed to develop reports that may be useful for governments and particular educational institutions. However, in all cases no individual learner will be identified.
Code of Honour
By accessing and using the platform, you agree to the following conditions where failure to comply with any one of these will be treated as breach of the Code of Honour:
- Use the Website and access the course or the “platform” only for your personal development and share the learning resources with others as per the conditions of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License (CC BY-SA);
- Not to attempt to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Website;
- Not transmit any data or send or submit any content that contains viruses, harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Not to use the platform to solicit business or share advertisement for products or services offered by you as trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
- Not to access or attempt to access any other Visitor or Learner’s account or falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to misrepresenting your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Not to post, use or transmit unsolicited or unauthorised content, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising;
- Not to post or transmit content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful, or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations; and
- Abide by any advice provided by the “administrator”, “manager” and any other “authorised person” on behalf of COL in using and accessing the Website.